Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back in Cali


After almost a year I'm finally back in Cali! This has been a stressful year (as my teacher friends from Julia DeBurgos can attest to) and I'm excited to be back home. I'm excited because I will be working with the same group of children and their families again this year. With help from Philadelphia Latino Partnership Innitiative and Congreso de Latinos Unidos, I brought digital cameras for all my students. If you check my earlier entries you'll see that last year we used disposables (which were better than nothing), but this is a definite improvement. I'll be meeting the kids in the next few days and we'll be spending a month working together before they have their big exhibit at El Centro Cultural de Cali. The kids will be learning how to post their images to this blog throughout the project so please give them some feedback!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rocco, Roccoco!

Que alegria tan grande me da el ver que estas disfrutando tu tiempo "Back in Cali". The work
that you are doing is fantastic! Know that, hermano.

By the way, if you get to see El Mimo tell him I say what's up.

Can't wait for your show in October.

Un abrazo,

Marangeli

Adrian Abonce said...

Tony!

Te fuiste y no te di la cámara que te había prometido.
Bueno, me alegra mucho ver el progreso de tus estudiantes, se nota cuando comparas las fotos del año pasado con las nuevas.
Felicitaciones a todos, y espero que estas clases les abran nuevos horizontes en sus vidas.

Saludos desde Philadelphia,
Adrian
www.ab-11.com

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THIS PICTURE BECAUSE I LIKE THE ANGLE THAT YOU TOOK IT FROM ITS A REAL GOOD VIEW.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks